Top is linked here, similar shorts here, sandals here, necklace here.
Hey guys! I wore this outfit last weekend after one of our pool days (you can see my tan/burn) haha! Tom LOVED this top, so it’s a win-win! The sleeves are so flattering and the twist detail in the front dresses it up from being just a plain looking tee. I paired it with these shorts from last summer because they are my all time favorite, but I have linked treasure and bonds new ones from this summer. Pair it with your favorite sandals and you’re good for a casual look! I know my scrunchy always ruins all of my pictures, but for some reason I can NEVER remember to take it off!
Well, it is officially summer break for me and most other teachers, which means my summer bucket list time is underway! I’ve compiled a list of things I want to accomplish this summer, and so should you! I use the app “Wunderlist” and it gives you such a sense of satisfaction every time you check something off of your list. So i’m going to share my top 10 bucket list items with you and some tips and tricks I keep in mind when making one.
1. ENJOY my wedding day (so many people have told me to take about 20 minutes to yourself to just soak it all in – because it’s over before you know it)
2. ENJOY my bachelorette party (there has been so so much planning going into it, and I always worry about whether or not people are having fun – but something i’ve learned is that you can’t make people have fun – they choose to; so if they want to have fun they will find a way to make it happen and so should I!:)
3. Celebrate one last anniversary with Tom before it changes forever (this one is easy because it is the 4th of July, so we always celebrate – but I want to have one last celebration before our new anniversary changes forever)
4. Take a ton of time to not be on my phone (especially in wedding moments like our honeymoon – it is so easy to get wrapped up into putting everything you do in Instastories, but at times it takes away from being in the moment, which is what I want to avoid during some of the more special summer plans)
5. Go to a cubs rooftop game (this I have done so many summers, but since I moved out of the city two years ago I haven’t done this – so I really want to again)
6. Read a book (I always always say i’m going to do this, and then I end up binge watching Netflix, or browsing social media, playing whatever game i’m into at that time on my phone – and I never take the time to read – so this summer i’m committing to reading at least one book cover to cover).
7. Spend as many days as I can by the pool (This one is easy because I want to get a nice tan going for my wedding AND i’m not teaching summer school this year so what else do I have to do?)
8. Start running again (This may be the hardest on my list to accomplish, but I really enjoy it – so I know I need to get back into it, and it will feel so good when I do).
9. Pick a diet and stick to it (Hellloooo wedding bod!)
10. Blog at least once a week (I used to blog twice a week, and then when coaching, teaching, and winter time kicked in – I barely had any pictures to do blog posts about. I am going to start doing blog posts more often, because it is such a good outlet to go to just to even jot down my thoughts.)
I’ve chosen these things because I know that they are all attainable. Some easier than others obviously, but I know I can accomplish all of them if I try. My goal is to get half of them done by 4th of July, because after that the summer always flies by and is basically over, as my mom always used to say – which is so true!
It’s sad to talk about summer being over when it just started, so make sure you all enjoy every little bit of it!! If you have any fun bucket list items, comment below – i’d love to hear them!